Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Home    Search  

Results - Details

Search command : Author="Τσιλιμπάρης"  And Author="Μιλτιάδης"

Current Record: 9 of 92

Back to Results Previous page
Next page
Add to Basket
[Add to Basket]
Identifier 000414990
Title Ανάλυση των μηχανικών τάσεων στον εκτατικό κερατοειδή
Alternative Title Mechanical sresses analysis of ectatic cornea
Author Κουτσογιαννακοπούλου, Παναγιώτα
Thesis advisor Γκίνης, Χαρίλαος
Select a value Τσιλιμπάρης, Μιλτιάδης
Σιγανός, Χαράλαμπος
Δετοράκης, Ευστάθιος
Abstract [5] INTRODUCTION Keratoconus is a corneal disease in which the cornea gradually becomes thinner, resulting in the form of a cone. This deformation distorts the image formed in the retina and turbidity is observed in the region where the cone has appeared. Keratoconus initially exhibits abnormal astigmatism and progressively causes partial or total loss of vision which can not be corrected with glasses. 1 out of 2,000 people in the general population suffer from keratoconus. About 1 in 10 keratoconus patients have members in their family suffering from the same disease. Keratoconus has not been associated with any social, cultural or geographical distribution. In mild cases of keratoconus, correction of vision can be achieved with glasses or contact lenses that compensate for the conical shape that the cornea has acquired. A new method of treatment of the keratoconus is Corneal Cross Linking (CXL) which aimes to stop keratoconus progression. In severe cases, it is advised to proceed in corneal transplant surgery. Only 10% of patients suffering from keratoconus will need a transplant. The remaining 90% have adequate eyesight with the other methods. The success of corneal transplantation in keratoconus has a high rate of 95%. The etiology of keratoconus remains unknown. It has generally hereditable nature and many factors are implicated in the appearance of keratokonus, which are mainly abnormalities in the structure or metabolism of various corneal parts. Thus, the prognosis of keratoconus progression becomes difficult. There is also a theory that eye rubbing is another cause for keratoconus. It is believed that, although eye rubbing is not necessarily sufficient to generate keratoconus in all patients who rub, repeated eye rubbing episodes constitute the necessary ingredient to develop keratoconic changes in the cornea. [6] In this thesis, the problem of prognosis of disease progression will be approximated by calculating a stress factor which is associated with the mechanical stress that the cornea receives internally. That is, it has been evaluated whether the keratoconus progression is affected in relation to the values of stress and whether there is a range of the index values in which the disease-induced deformation appears to be stabilized.
Language Greek
Subject Keratokonus
Κερατοκώνος
Μηχανικές τάσεις
Issue date 2018-03-28
Collection   Faculty/Department--School of Medicine--Department of Medicine--Post-graduate theses
  Type of Work--Post-graduate theses
Permanent Link https://elocus.lib.uoc.gr//dlib/6/b/6/metadata-dlib-1522759935-958168-2432.tkl Bookmark and Share
Views 113

Digital Documents
No preview available

No permission to view document.
It won't be available until: 2021-03-28